Tourer Rear Seat by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
I am having difficulty in getting the front U clips, located underneath the seat, to stay engaged by the lug.

I have managed to clip on one side but it just springs back up off the lug.

The rear of the seat is correctly secured onto the rear lugs.

I have examined the U clips at the front of the seat and they are in order.

Would taking the seat back rest out and then trying the base help I wonder?

Mike

Posted 03 Dec 2022, 11:03 #1 

Bermudan 75
I have found the cause of the problem.

I removed the seat from the car and examined the seat 'frame'. The frame was bent, on one side more than the other. This meant that the seat frame could not fully engage via the U clips to the lug on the body of the car under the seat.

Visually the shape of the seat was as it should be, but underneath the bends were visible. Someone must have been rather ham fisted in removing the seat from the donor car.

I have straightened the frame and I expect the seat to fit without any further problems.

The reason I say 'expect' is because as usual, rain has prevented any further work on this issue.

Posted 04 Dec 2022, 15:38 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
Bermudan 75 wrote:I have found the cause of the problem.

I removed the seat from the car and examined the seat 'frame'. The frame was bent, on one side more than the other. This meant that the seat frame could not fully engage via the U clips to the lug on the body of the car under the seat.

Visually the shape of the seat was as it should be, but underneath the bends were visible. Someone must have been rather ham fisted in removing the seat from the donor car.

I have straightened the frame and I expect the seat to fit without any further problems.

The reason I say 'expect' is because as usual, rain has prevented any further work on this issue.

This thread is useless without photos :lol: there is also a spring clip which can open to wide so it will not hold.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 05 Dec 2022, 11:42 #3 

Last edited by Arctic on 10 Dec 2022, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.

Bermudan 75
As you say Steve, the clip was too wide.
The seat when laid on a level surface looked ok, even without Pebble the cat.
Pebble on seat base.jpg

I removed part of the leather fabric cover to discover a number of bent sections of the seat frame.
Underneath seat base covering removed.jpg

These were straightened and the seat base was positioned in the car.
Seat base positioned.jpg

The seat frame was positioned at the securing lugs, but they did not line up.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 07 Dec 2022, 19:03 #4 

Bermudan 75
I managed to secure the frame to the lugs but the U-clips were too wide. This meant that they did not grip the securing lug adequately.
Seat base positioned clip wide.jpg

The gap of the U-clips was reduced and the seat frame then adequately secured the lugs. The seat cover was re-fitted and the seat is now securely in place.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 07 Dec 2022, 19:12 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Bermudan 75 wrote:I managed to secure the frame to the lugs but the U-clips were too wide. This meant that they did not grip the securing lug adequately.
Seat base positioned clip wide.jpg

The gap of the U-clips was reduced and the seat frame then adequately secured the lugs. The seat cover was re-fitted and the seat is now securely in place.[/quote
]

Hi Mick.
Excellent work, thanks for posting pics too, i had to sort out the spring clips on my first tourer has they would not completely hold, once they were squashed together a little they were fine after.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 10 Dec 2022, 10:33 #6