Burghley House Meet June 12th 2010 (CANCELLED) by Mick

Mick
(Site Admin)
Stubie has decided to cancel this meet through lack of interest. I would have thought that 6 cars was enough but he thinks not.

I am happy to turn out if it's only 2 cars.
How about we make it Sunday 13th ? Instead. That means Zeb and family, myself and anybody else that wants to come along.

Stubie arranges these meets regularly, we had 14 or 15 cars at the last one, Lovely venue.
Zeb and I are already signed up for this one, if anybody else fancies it, good restaurants, gardens, minimal car fixing as it's a public car park. Lot's of help and advice on hand.

http://www.burghley.co.uk
Burghley House,
Stamford, Lincs, PE9 3JY.

Telephone: 01780 752451
Email: burghley@burghley.co.uk

Stu Stubie
    Carl Zeb
    Mick
    Jake JW89
    Robert Bartonrover
    Martin

Posted 24 May 2010, 21:31 #1 

JohnDotCom
Unfortuneately cannot get across to this one,
work commitments, hopefully next time.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 24 May 2010, 23:56 #2 

Jürgen
Although Burghley House is well worth a detour, I won't be able to get there this time. So I wish you a nice day out.

And don't forget the sunscreen. :D

Posted 25 May 2010, 16:14 #3 

stubie
Thanks for the Heads up Mick, possibly hoping the LWB is back on the road by then.

Stubs

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:54 #4 

Ragman
Sorry at Castle Combe Classic Car Action Day - lots of V8's being LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 23:09 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Bump come on folks, excellent venue excellent company, well, I like my own company :D :D Weather look like it is set fair.

Nice drop of fresh air and few nice motors to ogle.

Stu Stubs
Mick AKA Grey Ghost
Jake JJW89
Carl Zeb
Robert Bartonrover....Probable

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 23:58 #6 

DeuxGazoles
With the Orange Express being fixed I was planning to make a surprise appearance this weekend right up to the point I realised it's a Saturday :em: :em: :4:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 09:09 #7 

Martin
Mick wrote:Bump come on folks, excellent venue excellent company, well, I like my own company :D :D Weather look like it is set fair.

Nice drop of fresh air and few nice motors to ogle.

Stu Stubs
Mick AKA Grey Ghost
Jake JJW89
Carl Zeb
Robert Bartonrover....Probable

Martin (will try my best)
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 10:26 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Martin wrote:Martin (will try my best)

Good for you Martin. :)

I'l add you to the list. :)

That'll be two V8's Whoopeee. :)

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 12:02 #9 

Zeb
We still going for the Saturday then? :)

Posted 09 Jun 2010, 20:14 #10 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:We still going for the Saturday then? :)

The 12th has been a Saturday for all of this year, try as I might I can't make it another kind of day, you'll have to wait until next year for it to be a Sunday. :D

Hope this helps. :D

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 13:12 #11 

Zeb
Mick wrote:
Zeb wrote:We still going for the Saturday then? :)

The 12th has been a Saturday for all of this year, try as I might I can't make it another kind of day, you'll have to wait until next year for it to be a Sunday. :D

Hope this helps. :D

Well.....we could always pretend it was a different day.........

I used to try that quite often on a Monday....pretending it was really a Sunday.... :bed: :confused:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 16:25 #12 

JohnDotCom
I'm glad in this instance I can't make either day. :sleep:
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 16:49 #13 

TimO
Unfortunately can't make this one as Bev's on a Hen Night and i'm 'river bank cleaning' for my angling club.

Wish you all a great day.

Cheers

Tim

:wales:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 19:54 #14 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Stubie has decided to cancel this meet through lack of interest. I would have thought that 6 cars was enough but he thinks not.

I am happy to turn out if it's only 2 cars.
How about we make it Sunday 13th ? Instead. That means Zeb and family, myself and anybody else that wants to come along.

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 22:01 #15 

stubie
Mick I thought it was me , you and Zeb, if there's Six going I'm up for it either Saturday or Sunday. I just didn't want Zeb travelling all the way for nought.
Robert BartonRover can't make it nor can EddyBrown and Zeb thought Jakew89 would not be able to attend either.

Stubs

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 22:08 #16 

Mick
(Site Admin)
stubie wrote:Mick I thought it was me , you and Zeb, if there's Six going I'm up for it either Saturday or Sunday. I just didn't want Zeb travelling all the way for nought.
Robert BartonRover can't make it nor can EddyBrown and Zeb thought Jakew89 would not be able to attend either.

Stubs

Just going by the list here I d=had no notification from others. I've just PM'd all the names on the list here and offered Sunday as an alternative, lets see what happens between now and Frtiday night. I'm happy to turn up for a cuppa and chat even if I have to talk to myself. Been tied to the computer for the last 3 weeks, be nice to get away for a few hours.

I also PM'd Col deuxgazoles if want to try for sunday. :)

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 22:14 #17 

JohnDotCom
I'm happy to turn up for a cuppa and chat even if I have to talk to myself. Been tied to the computer for the last 3 weeks, be nice to get away for a few hours.

Did you apply and get a leave permit? :mrgreen:

Well deserved break Mick, have a good one. ;)
John

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 22:17 #18 

Zeb
stubie wrote:Mick I thought it was me , you and Zeb, if there's Six going I'm up for it either Saturday or Sunday. I just didn't want Zeb travelling all the way for nought.

Stubs

I'll be in the V8...do I need an excuse to travel? :confused: :D

I am still up for it.....'course, people could always come here.. ;) ...but then the V8 sits in the garage... :cry:

I have also texted Jake...

UPDATE: Jake sends his apologies... :cry:

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 05:55 #19